Thursday, September 10, 2009

What is Your Mission?

A couple of weeks ago, I started my new position as Youth and Christian Education Director at Franklin Community Church. At first I was highly hesitant about taking the position, first of all its a United Methodist Church and I am not a Methodist. Despite the potential of different beliefs, I accepted the job. The reason in accepting the position is the opportunity to minister to the youth - a group of all girls. This would be an opportunity for them to hear the truth and make a decision to follow Christ. I didn't grow up in a church environment and when I did visit church, I loved coming. I wish now someone would have shared the gospel with me when I was younger - possibly it would have made an impact in my life at a earlier age.

This church is a dying church. They are an old congregation, having a ritual of tradition that talks of godliness, but it's just religion and talk of Christ. What I believe is my purpose is to be a missionary, to bring the gospel truth by Holy Spirit within their midst to all that would hear. All this knowing that one person, one life will be changed forever and many more will follow - all because of one decision. Please pray for me. I speak of it with such inspiration, but yet there are so many times I feel so much opposition and lack of inspiration. This isn't the mission field I quite had in mind when I told the Lord I would serve Him. I am faced with liberal theology that I never knew existed. I seriously had no idea that a person who dosen't believe in the literal translation of the bible, or creationism could be in a church pulpit and in leadership.

I ask you to please pray for me and the young people of this congregation. I want God's will to be accomplished in their lives so they can find their God given purposes in Him. They are the future and are part of the blueprint of the future. If God can work in their lives, they will bring change, purity and godliness to the world who needs it most. May their eyes be opened and their ears hear.

No comments: