Monday, September 28, 2009

My "Fake" Brother

I have a brother who's name is Will. My girlfriend calls him my fake brother.

You see, he's not really my brother- but he is. We share the same set of siblings.

Let me explain ... before either of us were born, my father married his mother and had three children. Later our "parents" split up. My father met my Mother and had me - his mother remarried and had him. We are 18 months apart, share the same siblings - but aren't blood related. Instead of explaining our family lineage (which looks like a football play), we just simply refer to each other as brother and sister - and move on. We look alike and are close friends - we are closer to one another than our shared siblings.

Will is a Christian and we share the same love of the Lord too. When I was a little girl, I would wish, pray and even daydream that I had a brother. I thank God for answering my prayer.

Will came to Michigan last week for a visit. We haven't seen each other in a while. He had a four day pass from the military, because he's on his way to Iraq serving in the National Guard as the aid de camp to the General. Pretty cool job. Lots of work. The General never sleeps or takes a day off!! Will must be his shadow to the endth of duty and beyond.

I ask you to please pray for him. Pray for him spiritually, because of the long hours its hard to get some devotional time with God and temptation can come quickly when you're weary. Please pray for his safety and protection. God has a purpose and a plan!!




No comments: