Wednesday, April 01, 2009

He Has a Purpose for My Life

Today I was contemplating the direction of my life and where God is taking me. 

Lately my head has been spinning in all sorts of directions, crossroads are staring at me and saying "I dare you to go down there ... " 

I am here in Michigan for a purpose and only God knows why. Maybe it was to take me away and bring shelter and protection from a pending storm, finding the peace and tranquility of home until He takes me to my next destination. 

Maybe its the big plan of God and I'm living in my promised land - only yet to discover what exactly that plan entails but to stay put as it unfolds.

When I was doing my daily devotions, I came across this prayer. It is the prayer of my heart today.

Heavenly Father, I worship you as my Lord and King. I praise You that you are all-knowing and can see the end from the beginning. That You uphold all things by your power, That you hold my life in Your hand. That you see my past and my future. I lift up to You all that I am and offer my life to You. Make me an instrument through which Your will is accomplished on earth. Use what I have for Your glory. Lift me up to see things from Your perspective, and help me rise above my limitations. I don't want to limit what You can do in me and through me because I don't have an adequate vision of what Your heart desires to accomplish. 


No comments: