Sunday, December 02, 2007

God's Love and the Dentist


Yesterday, I had an unfortunate thing happen to me. One of my back teeth broke. I wasn't eating anything hard to cause it to happen. It just chipped off while eating my lunch. At first I panicked. 

First of all, I hate going to the dentist. 

Second of all, I don't have dental insurance. 

Third, I don't know any of the dentists in my area. Yikes. 

My first reaction was "oh no!" and then I prayed a quiet, scared prayer for God to help me with this situation. I heard God's still small voice say to my heart "Nothing can separate you from my love - nothing - not even a chipped tooth can separate you from my love". 

Thank God for His voice being heard at the right time and place. 

I scrambled around, calling friends for dentists they might know. 

NOBODY goes to the dentist around here! I called around and finally found a dentist near my house, I found his name from a flier I received in the mail. They were able to see me right away. Still scared, but feeling God's peace and remembering what God told me in my heart.

The next day, I saw my new dentist. He showed me my x-rays, only to show me my situation was worse than expected. He needed to drill out the filling and reconstruct the tooth, along with doing additional work. He showed me the x-rays to prove it. I had to trust him, after all I couldn't read the x-rays and I'm in God's hands. 

I'm panicking and the whole time, I hear a voice saying "trust me, I'm taking care of you". 

I'm more scared of the cost of the work than I am of the  pain itself.

The Dentist did his work and afterwards I sucked it up and paid up. Meanwhile trusting God to provide, because He said He would.

God provided. The pain is gone, my tooth reconstructed and I was paid a little extra when I went to work on Monday.

Romans 8:38-39 says: 
"I am convinced that nothing can separate us from God's love. Neither death, not life, neither angels or demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow - not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below - indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord." (NLT)

Nothing can separate us from God's love..... freezing rain, a sore throat, rejection of a friend, sudden death of a loved one, unexplained stomach pains, depression, worry, fatigue............ a broken tooth...... NOTHING can separate us from God's love. 

He's got us, whether we feel Him or not.

Will you let Him have you??

No comments: