Saturday, June 06, 2009

A New Door through an Unlikely Passageway

A new door has opened and I am working at an aerospace company on the East Side. It started when I was in the Financial Peace University class (Dave Ramsey). It was there God had a divine appointment awaiting. I met the CEO of the company who sat at my table with other employees and openers of the company. They were going to start a summer internship program at the company and needed someone to train the employees and coordinate the program. He wasn't looking for anybody and I had no idea he held the position he did in the company. He was just a regular guy who loved the Lord, had a neat and recent conversion story and wanted to serve God. He wanted to make the company's program more than just a training method, he wanted to make it a mentoring program that would impact and change lives - ultimately leading the employees and students to Christ.
God opened the door and I am writing and teaching a mentoring program, working with students from the Detroit Public Schools. It is so rewarding and an amazing experience. When God sent me to Northridge Church, I grumbled that it was a predominantly white suburban church in which I felt I no longer fit. God showed me just how big and soverign He truly is, by allowing me to work with and impact the lives of inner city youth - all through contacts at Northridge.
I love what I'm doing!!!

No comments: